Property/Location: Lake City Casino, Kamloops
Who We Are:
At Gateway Casinos & Entertainment we know that our remarkable team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos and three community gaming centers is what makes us stand out in the Canadian Gaming and Hospitality industry.
We hire great people for their professionalism and passion for exceptional customer service. By joining one of the largest casino companies in Canada, you will enjoy various career opportunities, a culture of continuous improvement, and the excitement of an environment that embraces diversity, integrity and fun.
Share your passion for people and service! Welcome to Gateway.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? This exciting role requires a self motivated and proven leader with outstanding conflict resolution skills and business acumen. In a challenging fast paced and customer service oriented environment, the Casino Shift Manager supervises the entire gaming floor.Assumes responsibility for the casino operations and supervises and delegates tasks to all related departments.
The optimal candidate will bring his/her passion to exceed our customers' expectations ensuring that a high level of customer service is delivered to guests in a consistent and professional manner.
* Supervises and observes the entire gaming floor to ensure the integrity and security of all assets and that Gateway Casino and regulatory policies and procedures are followed at all times.
* Assumes responsibility in the senior managers' absence and supervises and delegates tasks to all departments on the gaming floor.
* Oversees human resources issues and supports staff development initiatives. Manages staff to achieve and maintain a high and consistent level of job performance and customer service.
* Using effective time management skills ensures adequate staffing levels to meet business needs.
* Reports all shift activity and works closely with team members and gaming regulatory bodies as required for the smooth, efficient operation of the gaming floor.
* Brings procedural variances to the attention of the appropriate people, departments, and organizations.
* Manages casino operations to meet the budgetary expectations.
* Manages and facilitates the site recruitment process and handles payroll administrative duties.
What You Will Require:
* 3 years of gaming experience
* Minimum 1 year of experience as a Pit Manager
* Post secondary education in business or a related field is an asset
* General understanding of overall casino operations
* Knowledge of gaming regulatory procedures andpolicies preferred
* Proven leadership skills and business acumen
* Excellent communicator -- both written and verbal English
* Working knowledge with word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet navigation, and presentation software
* Willing to work all shifts
What Is Next:
If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your qualifications match the job described above; please apply electronically and early so that you dont miss this opportunity. This job will remain open and posted on Gateway Careers website until a competitive candidate pool is identified. Gateway is not responsible for the validity of jobs listed on other websites. We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only the most qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for pre-screening. In the event that you do not hear from us this time around, please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
Gateway is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.
To apply for this position, please go to: